Join the WB Ocean Rescue Team
Salary range starting at $10.00 per hour for stand lifeguards with additional compensation for having your NC EMT certification and years of service.
Applicants must possess:
- A valid driver’s license
- Ability to swim 500 meters in 10 minutes, or less.
- Ability to run 1 mile in 8 minutes or less
- Be at least 18 years of age or older.
- The pre-test will be administered on the following dates:
- April 26, 2015
- May 2, 2015
- Meeting location and time: South side of Crystal Pier located on the south end of Wrightsville Beach. 0830 Hrs.
- Test will consist of the following skills:
- ½ mile ocean swim, followed by a one mile soft sand run, then two rescues. One will be an active victim the other a passive victim.
Applicants will work approx. 46hr work week. Mandatory two week training period attendance is required, with start date May 12, 2015. Mandatory drug testing prior to start date. An application can be found at the town website:
http://towb.org/Portals/0/Employment%20Application.pdf or may be obtained from the Town Hall.
For more information, please contact:
Ocean Rescue Director
Office :(910) 256-7920 ext. 1702