Get your kids outdoors this summer and keep them active and healthy!
The Town of Wrightsville Beach Parks and Recreation Department and Wrightsville Beach Ocean Rescue are partnering up to offer an official Wrightsville Beach Junior Lifeguard program this summer. Kids and teens ages 9-17 are invited to become Wrightsville Beach Junior Lifeguards and receive instruction and training in ocean safety, rescue techniques, and physical fitness from experienced and professional Wrightsville Beach Lifeguards. At the completion of the program, Jr. Guards will have the opportunity to “guard” a lifeguard stand with a Wrightsville Beach Lifeguard mentor. The program will run July 20-24th, 2015. All applicants must be strong swimmers. See complete details on our Junior Lifeguard page. Sign up early as space is extremely limited!
Salary range starting at $10.00 per hour for stand lifeguards with additional compensation for having your NC EMT certification and years of service.
Applicants must possess:
- A valid driver’s license
- Ability to swim 500 meters in 10 minutes, or less.
- Ability to run 1 mile in 8 minutes or less
- Be at least 18 years of age or older.
- The pre-test will be administered on the following dates:
- April 26, 2015
- May 2, 2015
- Meeting location and time: South side of Crystal Pier located on the south end of Wrightsville Beach. 0830 Hrs.
- Test will consist of the following skills:
- ½ mile ocean swim, followed by a one mile soft sand run, then two rescues. One will be an active victim the other a passive victim.
Applicants will work approx. 46hr work week. Mandatory two week training period attendance is required, with start date May 12, 2015. Mandatory drug testing prior to start date. An application can be found at the town website:
http://towb.org/Portals/0/Employment%20Application.pdf or may be obtained from the Town Hall.
For more information, please contact:
Ocean Rescue Director
Office :(910) 256-7920 ext. 1702